What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida

If you’ve just been in an accident, then you may be wondering how you should proceed. Follow these steps to put yourself in the best possible position as you move forward:

1. Seek Medical Attention: Your top priority after an accident is to see a doctor, no matter how you feel. Many injuries from accidents are not readily apparent, so getting a check-up is always a good idea.

2. Gather Contact Information: Make sure to ask the other drivers for their names, numbers, and insurance information. Also check to see if there were any witnesses to the accident. They may be able to testify to the situation, if there are any complications.

3. Take Pictures: If you can, take pictures at the scene of the accident. Those that don’t have a camera on hand can come back to the scene and take pictures of their own vehicle at a later date.

4. Don’t Admit Fault: When the other driver or police officer is asking you about the accident, don’t ever admit that it was your fault. Speak to an attorney before making a statement.

5. Keep Everything: Any documentation that is related to the accident should be kept. Ask for copies of the police report and keep medical records from your doctor.

6. Inform Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company that the accident took place, but don’t sign anything and don’t admit fault!

To make sure that your best interests are represented, talk to an accident attorney at The Law Offices of Jason S. Goodman, P.A. We are different from other firms in the area, as we provide a personal touch and have extensive experience with the insurance industry. Our lead attorney, Jason Goodman, has spent years cultivating his knowledge of the claims process and can skillfully guide his clients through the process. Call today for a free case evaluation!

Related Posts
  • Do You Have to Wear a Motorcycle Helmet While Riding in Florida? Read More
  • Swimming Pool Accident Liability & Safety Measures Read More
  • How Soon After My Florida Bicycle Accident Should I Contact an Attorney? Read More