What Happens After an Injury-Causing Accident?

Your Steps of Action After an Accident 

Motor accidents are more common than you think. It is estimated that the average person will file a collision claim every 17.9 years.

Here is what you should do after you have been in an accident:

  • First, contact the police.
  • Until the police arrive on the scene, do not move the car or vehicle.
  • If you have to, take pictures of the vehicle before you move it.
  • Take down the names of any witnesses who have seen the accident.
  • Collect information to file an insurance claim later. For example, the name of the other party's insurance company, his policy number, the name of the other driver, the area where the accident took place and anything else that may be relevant.
  • Do not admit you are responsible for the crash. The insurance company will use it against you, to deny you compensation. Speak to an attorney before you say anything.
  • Look for medical attention.
  • Contact your insurance company.

Our Coral Springs, FL Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You

If you or the people who were traveling with you when you got into the accident have received injuries, you should seriously consider hiring a personal injury lawyer. This is especially true if the victims have received permanent injuries or if you are looking at loss of work or school time. We can help you claim suitable compensation from the party responsible for your injuries.

Even if the other party is to blame, you still may have been contacted by their attorney. Should this occur, you should not hesitate to reach out and contact our firm so that we can protect your best interests. No matter if your insurance policy seems confusing, if you think your insurance agent does not have your best interest at heart, or if you are not able to handle negotiations with the insurer, you can receive compassionate, effective assistance from our Coral Springs personal injury law firm.

Contact The Law Offices of Jason S. Goodman, P.A. for Legal Assistance

If you want to learn more about what happens after accidents, or if you want to hire a Coral Springs personal injury attorney, contact The Law Offices of Jason S. Goodman, P.A.


  • Broward County
  • American Association for Justice
  • Florida Bar
  • North Broward County

Contact The Law Offices of Jason S. Goodman, P.A.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.